Open your eyes to nature and you will see how you fit into the big picture
- I am a full-time professional nature photographer.
- My images have been published internationally and have won awards.
- I have a B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. in physics and have published multiple research papers on light.
- I have formal training in landscape painting.
- I am a champion of ethical nature photography. I am a North American Nature Photography Association Ethics Committee member.
- I have published research on raptors and conduct official field studies of wildlife.
- My images have been represented by galleries Santa Fe, Taos, and Albuquerque and selected for permanent display in public spaces.
- Even though I have been photographing for over 30 years, I enjoy staying current in this dynamic field.
I believe the more that humans are aware of nature, the more they will respect it, and this in turn will benefit all beings — especially future generations. Everything is connected! The reason I pursue nature photography is to propagate this awareness.
Nature can teach us a lot if we are brave enough to experience and learn from it. I believe that getting outside and experiencing nature educates us in important ways that we are not exposed to in conventional education. When I observe wildlife out in nature I am continually amazed at their intelligence and the emotions they display. I try to capture these emotions in my images so that others can experience just how amazing nature is.
Love of nature and beautiful places transcends the divisions that human society has established for itself. Experiencing nature, where fear is replaced by respect and courage, makes us all stronger and wiser. If my images reinforce our respect for nature, then my goal has been met.
Kayaking the midnight sun on a 100+ mile wilderness photography journey in the Alaska Peninsula.
On top of the Palisade Crest during a solo ski traverse of the Sierra Nevada.