About the Instructor
I am a full-time professional nature photographer. My images have been published internationally, including magazine covers and have won multiple first-place awards in prestigious photo contests.
- For the past 27 years I have photographed at the Bosque del Apache NWR.
- I know the Bosque del Apache NWR very well and will show you how to optimally photograph it.
- For years I wrote the quarterly “Photo Tips” article for the Friends of the Bosque del Apache newsletter.
- I served as the Vice President of the Board of Directors for the Friends of the Bosque del Apache NWR.
I have a PhD in Physics / Optics and have published multiple research papers on light. In addition to the science of light I have formal training in landscape painting (pastel and watercolor) and am active in the Santa Fe and Taos art scene.
- In my workshops I teach both the science and art of nature photography.
- I teach technique from both landscape and wildlife photography.
- I work individually with you to refine your specific photography desires.
Respect for wildlife and ethical photography is important to me.
- I teach how to find wildlife and photograph it without chasing, or disturbing it.
- I also conduct scientific research (peer-reviewed published) on raptors.
My images are sold in galleries in Taos, Santa Fe, and Albuquerque.
Respect for all abilities is important to me and those that take my workshops. I foster a friendly and non-condescending atmosphere for all photographers in the workshop!
- Everyone is here to learn and improve,
- Photography is constantly changing with new tools and techniques,
- Staying current is vital to success!